Saturday, October 20, 2007

Have you received your news?

My dear friends, wonder have you got your news yet? Are you safe? I've got my news. Will be safe for this round, at least. Can't help wondering what about next round. Hmm...It seems pretty bad this round as I've heard of a lot of friends who are impacted. Sob sob. Come to think of it, people who were working hard got the cut, where as people like "Employee of the Year" is safe! Darn man.... The package seems pretty attractive though. Life goes on....for those who have yet to receive their news, my well wishes goes out to you!

Read in the papers today that there's another mall attack in Manila. At Makati financial district. Glorietta Mall was the target this time. It was an upscale mall. Thinking back, I was at this mall close to 1.5 years back. My CV counterpart treated me dinner here. Reading the news sent shivers down my spine. What if this attack happened when I was there? All the what ifs... Security is tight in Manila and Makati, I'm sure it's the same in other districts. There are security guard posts standing in front of each shopping mall entrance, where they check your bags before they let you into the mall. Same goes for hotels. They even have an additional security check on cars before they let you into the hotel compound. No where is safe now...

No comments: