Sunday, September 2, 2007

Cheap bargains

Accompanied parents to look for curtains at QB but ended up not purchasing any. Not that they were not nice, just that they decided not to change the curtains yet at this point of time. I had the intention to purchase a new pair of badminton shoes as my current pair is worn out. Saw that there were some cheap promotional Dunlop court shoes on sale for RM39.90, which was dirt cheap. The quality looks pretty satisfactory. Normal badminton shoes cost RM100 and above. So what the heck, I bought that pair of shoes.

Happily wore the pair of new shoes for training on Saturday. My good comments - shoe was comfy. My BAD comments - grip was not good and tiny bits of the rubber sole has come out!!! OMG! Luckily I brought along my old pair of shoes, so had to change back to the old shoes for the remaining session.

Dad asked me to go exchange to another pair of shoes of different brand from QB as I still have the receipt. I was thinking....can meh? This is Malaysia. Good customer service??? I seriously doubt so. If in the States, then that will be a different story.

So the moral behind this story → cheap bargains ≠good quality!!! Hai....

3 comments:

George Yew said...

below RM50 = for newbie (ppl like me)
below RM100 = for amateur
above RM100 = for Professional

you fall under Pro lvl where can get a newbie shoe? no wonder it break haha..

小慧 said...

What is this...kena tembak pulak. You where consider newbie?! Your standard very high oh. I also takut!

George Yew said...

ya very high standard in killing nyamuk or lalat ler.. shuttle cannot hit one haha..