Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Trip to 1U

Woke up this morning feeling fully charged after the rest day yesterday. Decided to head out to 1U. Heard from colleague that there is a free shuttle bus to Ikano from Kelana Jaya LRT St. That's great I thought. It was quite a long journey having to take the LRT out to KJ from KLCC, 25 mins to be accurate. Upon reaching KJ at 10:35am, the free shuttle bus service to Ikano is 10am and the next one is at 11:30am. Oh no, made a mistake, I should have check out the shuttle schedule beforehand. Oh well, of course I am not going to sit there and wait 1 hr just for the free shuttle. Looking around the place, it's either taking Rapid KL or the cab to my intended destination.

Had a look at the signboards of Rapid KL, trying to figure out which bus route takes me to 1U. Confusing for a first timer *blush*. I went and ask the cab drivers seating there chit-chatting while waiting for water fish like me to approach them for business. "Pergi 1 Utama berapa?" I asked. The guy happily walked to his cab and asked me to follow him. He has not answered my question yet, so I asked again "Uncle, pergi 1 Utama berapa?" He said "15 Ringgit". I stopped walking and said "Har? Bukan jalan meter ka?"15 Ringgit tak boleh kurang?" "Tak boleh" was the answer. WHAT?!?! That is a total rip off man. "Takpa, I tak mau" was my next answer to him and walked off back to the bus stop. Asked some ppl waiting for buses there on which bus to take to 1U and they were kind enough to point me to the right bus which costs me only RM2 to 1U. Great!

Only did window shopping there. So happened that there was Honda roadshow there at new wing ground floor and guess what...apart from City and Civic which were on display there, Type R and Hybrid were on display too! Woohoo, that made my day man! Knowing that 光头梨dreams of owning Type R, so I SMS-ed to kacau him. Sorry ya, you couldn't concentrate on the seminar after that. Haha..I personally don't really like the interior of Type R. I checked out the Hybrid too, interior is fully leather with 6 CD changer as compared to 1.8 Civic. Exterior ducktail spoiler looks sporty and nice. However, I wonder if the 1.3 engine is sufficient for this big car? We shall wait for the review to see how it goes. For those Type R fans out there, the Honda roadshow is on until Sunday at new wing, 1 Utama ground floor. Go check it out!

1 comment:

Kancil said...

Luckily you didn't take cab...they will send you nowhere...