Monday, July 7, 2008

Chicago Part 2

I actually found Chicago to be a much nicer place than Vegas. The weather was nice and cooling, on top of that it's windy. I met up with a high school friend of my sis who is now based in Chicago. Met her at her neighbourhood and she bought me around her very nice hood which coincidently hosted the Art festival that particualr week. Basically they have stalls selling artistic items ranging from paintings, sculptures, to photography, not forgetting all the food and beer! I am not the artistic type of person but personally admired all the photography on display for sale, particularly the x-ray photography which I find it very interesting.

Attended training for a week over in Oak Brooks. A small city with nothing much of attraction which is about 20 mins drive away from Chicago City. However, McDonalds HQ is actually located in Oak Brooks. The building isn't impressive at all and it's called McDonald Plaza. They have a McDonald shuttle van plying the nearby offices, picking up customers and dropping them to the McDonalds outlet nearby!

Traffic is particularly bad from 5pm onwards when everyone tries to get onto the tollway/freeway. So it's stop and go traffic during that time. Each tollway which you pass thru will cost you USD 80 cents. There are small toll booths which are not man-ed, and you just throw in the 80 cents into the big 'bowl'. Right after the 'toll booth', you'll see a signboard, asking you to visit this particular website to pay your toll if you haven't done so. Wonder how many Americans actually do that in this materialistic and moral degrading society??

From my earlier posting, you may have known that my luggages did not arrive with me in Chicago on Saturday evening. I was bag-less for more than 48 hours! Damn it man. It was so unconvenient without all my necessities. It was such a relieve seeing my luggage at the front desk on the 3rd day. However, my relieve was cut short upon opening my luggage and seeing all the items was not in the order which I packed my bag in Vegas. There was a notice in my luggage, stating that TSA has opened my bags for inspection. It got worse whereby I found out that there were missing items in my luggage and they took/confiscated my M&M chocolates! Damn it. Of all things M&Ms?!?!?! Apparently my luggage strap went missing too. Heck.

No comments: